Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Transition

We had 5 balls left, and 13 runs to win! There was this 10th std kid bowling, and a 4th std kid batting. It was the sound of the crushed plastic ball hitting the incredibly small cricket bat! It went for a six! The kid, hit another six and a single to win the match! The 4th std kid was me. It was a proud moment in my life! There was this way too much older guy called Babu cheering for me. I asked him a million times, how I did in the match. The play area looked big. I cleared the boundary line by a lot of distance. I jumber from the 7th step, and sprained my feet. And, 7th step was way too high for me.

Today, after 13 years, I visited that place where I experienced my 1st moment of glory. The place has shrunk. One of the aunties recognised me and expressed how much i have changed over the years. Every corner of the place, seemed to be smalled than ever. Realisation struck! I had grown, both vertically and horizontally(Mostly horizontally)and of course mentally. The transition always occur in our lives. We realise it only when we see it actually happening! It always looks like, things are always the same, same mom , same idlys, same routine, etc. So many things have changed periodically!

P.S.I was listening to music, and I could perfectly, related the piano to the way my colleague was typing on the keyboard. Incredible coincidence? Naah! Just the way I saw it!

6 comments:

BD said...

Yeah, transition...I hate it. I never wanted to grow up!

And what's with the post script?

Layfield said...

You grew mostly horizontally...? Interesting! :)

Ram said...

@Equi - It wasnt supposed to be a P.S.! Something which had struck my mind sometime back. Had to write it, the only way I could!

@Layfield - Dude! Long time! If you wanna know the details, I`m just a bit fatter, than I am supposed to be!

Insomniac said...

ya lovely memories!!! reminiscing is fun!!!

Ram said...

@kenneth - Yeah! True!

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.