Saturday, September 06, 2008

How does it feel?...

I`m 22, still a single, certified workaholic, favorite employee for the boss, no life what-so-ever and a loser in the making. I cant do much about being 22. I`m a single, and I have a excuse, which is "I cant tolerate dumbness". Workaholic - I have to work hard against it; since that also involves working, I`m not inclined towards it. Favorite employee for the boss, I had to answer a lot of peoples' question of how "I" can make such impressions on people. The easy answer was, that he is a bigger moron than I am. No life, hm mm... . A loser in the making; summarizes the whole scenario!

I`m a dead man walking. I hate what I`m doing, but still I`m doing it. To make it sound more stinging, I am addicted to do what I`m doing. Though I wish I could work like this for something which makes more sense than an organisation getting more money out of it. People keep on congratulating me for becoming a sadistic moron(though the guy in my room wont approve of it) or my success at work. Its really a sad story, that I`m sitting in my office on a lovely september bangalore afternoon on a saturday. And as I think about all this, a song echos in my brain...

Bob Dylan:
How does it feel?
How does it feel?
to be on your own...
with no direction home...
like a complete unknown...
like a rolling stone...

It does result in a feeling. A feeling in my stomach. A kind of feeling in which things from my head are running down to my stomach. It between good and bad; awkward.

8 comments:

Reni said...

hhhmmm...i hope ur boss does not cum across ur post.....or mayb u want him 2 help u get rid or ur "addiction"....n i think der r ways 2 "get-a-life"...figure it out, man!...ur staying in bnglr...

Ram said...

Ha ha... yeah... after a point of time you dont care who reads your posts. it really doesnt matter even if he reads. He should have known by now anyway that i detest him... and life yeah... i have to get rid of my workaholism... :-)

Insomniac said...

man! is work that bad? wat about friends and roomies?

Ram said...

friends and roomies... :-)
they are all cool!
but its worth it only if you go home... ;)

BD said...

Yeah, yeah.. :)

And Dilbert? Good choice.

Peenuts said...

Work life isn't easy...that s wht i feel after 3 yrs of experience...life becomes so monotonous and 'dead'..i guess a change is wht i need..and one thing..make sure ur personal life dont go for a toss..its the key for long term success in professional life

Pranay said...

I can understand what you mean...but dont worry, this workaholic attitude will help you when you need it the most.
What if you dont have a life anyway? You have a blog! :P

Fantasized emotions appearing real said...

write next post!! wanna read workaholic!