Monday, November 12, 2007

Rail Road Blues...

It was the most comfortable train journey ever!(sarcastic!) Chennai to Bangalore, bangalore express.It was literally like the fevicol ad in which prople just stick to any possible part of the bus.A very good income for the railways department and also to the damned TTR!The highlight of the journey was a middle aged woman with 2 children and apparently looked like she was from a well off family!She had asked me a question when i ignored her as she struggled; which had made me go mad for about an hour.She asked me, "Excuse me, do you have a heart for this little kid?" Wow! That was the 1st time someone actually questioned the presence of my heart.I was angry. To the biggest extent quite some time. It made proud about my self esteem to be angry.
I had wanted to ak her "You`d rather book your tickets earlier then questioning the presence of other people`s heart".The girl which my friend volunteered to keep on his lap was a good entertainment.

I just wonder. Its just not me. Its a whole bunch of people who refuse to help voluntarily.Is it a right for me to not help people because, I paid more and booked a 2nd class ticket?Of course they should`ve planned and booked tickets earlier. But, still its not gonna hurt to break the shell and help!NO! I did not help the poor woman. She stood between the several legs which had struggled to squeeze in.
I dint think of helping her by getting up. Figuratively speaking, the compartment would`ve held upto 300 people sitting and stand with a fair level of discomfort.
But there were nearly 500 people. When the situation is so bad, should I sacrifice my seat for a woman who is standing staring at her 2 kids sitting on strangers` laps?
I really felt the nausea of me not able to do anything about it. After a long time, I felt bad for the mean-ness i`ve delivered.Everytime I looked into her eyes, I saw hatred. Of course she dint have the right to hate me. And I was least bothered to care.But, "One cant be more spiteful nor more cruel, especially when they hate someone for all the wrong reasons", I had read in a book.
So, I felt some arrows flying directly at me!

I do not know why I thought that much for the last hour of the train journey.
But, it did hit my mind, inspite of the 100s of children and really really loud aunties.But yet confused. Confused of why I am here. What I am doing?Guess everyone searches for the answers for that question.And, I guess, hardly anyone finds answers.
I just move on to go to office and do nothing, but blog!

6 comments:

Advitiya said...

The fevicol ad is winning awards...
sigh...

Ram said...

Definitely! The ad rocks! :-)

BD said...

Quite a memorable experience, I guess :P

Peenuts said...

Dont worry its just ur conscience bothering u..it wl some take time to lose it in the daily hustle bustle of life...lol...just kidding...next time that happens...listen to ur heart..u wl feel a whole lot better

Ram said...

@Equi - Yeah Right!

@peenuts - yeah already lost it... :)
yeah will do that!

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.