Thursday, July 05, 2007

The White Castle!


I sat on an inclined chair. "This will hurt only a bit", said a voice. I looked directly into my sister`s eyes through the thick lens of my spectacular spectacles. There was a sign of anxiousness. I could`nt understand whether it was "how my brother would react?" or "is my brother gonna be ok?". But, I was relieved with the sight of it. Then I felt pain. Severe pain. I screamed out loud. The look in her eyes changed. It changed into "poor fellow". Then there were tears. I cried. The pain was horrible.
Then, the next thing i saw was, 5 of my teeth, on the ever-silver tray in front of me. Then, the next morning i again felt pain. Horrible pain, while drinking my bournvita! I screamed again. And, again my sister looked at me with a "poor fellow" look!

More than 15 years after that, today, I visited the dentist. I smiled at the lady dentist, probably with a midlife crisis(I came to this conclusion coz she did`nt smile back!). Then, I sat on the similar inclined chair. This time she said, "You wont feel any pain, but you may feel a tingling sensation!". Whats a tingling sensation on your teeth? Anyways, it took her 15 minutes to clean my teeth. She said, "You dont need a cleaning, you have maintained it pretty well." Something i can be proud of. She advised me to wear brases, but people are used to look at me the way I am! So, I said " nevermind!". There goes the episode at the dentist!

P.S. The title is supposed to refer to my mouth which has clean white teeth!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh... wish I was still there for this dentist visit :) You cud have seen my eyes that wud have said - "nalla vaenum!" :)

BD said...

Mid-life crisis eh? Lol!

5 of your teeth 15 years back? OMG :O

Hey, didn't you get 5 ice creams after that??

Ram said...

@kirthi - Yeah wish you were there! I wouldn`t have screamed even if it had hurt! ;-)

@equi - Yeah, 5 of my teeth. 1 was for cavity, and 4 were for the 2nd tooth growing on the inside of each of them. They asked me not to eat anything too cold or too hot. So, no ice cream! :-(

Insomniac said...

sad u didn get Icecream!!!! :(
anyway well there was also the plan of me wearing Braces..which still remains a plan!!!! ;)

Ram said...

@kenneth - Well, you atleast have planned to wear it. Me, I totally rejected the offer... ;)

Unknown said...

5 teeth! removed! At 4 teeth, I thought my younger brother was the limit. And I used to smuggle chocolates to his room.

By any chance, have you read the poem "This Is Going To Hurt Just A Little Bit." by Ogden Nash? Describes the dentist thing perfectly well.

Onion

BD said...

@ Peeling - Yea yea...I was thinking of it. But forgot the name! Yes, nice poem and we had an awesome teacher, who really made us FEEL the way it is to sit there with our mouths wide open!