Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Anbe Sivam...


There has always been some movies, which stay close to your heart always! And Im really proud Tamil cinema has the class to have a movie which can be one such. I`m talking about Anbe Sivam. I watched the movie for the n`th time today. Call me sensitive, but, everytime, I do find tears! Its about how affection(anbu) matters in everyone of our lives. Its a Kamal Hasan movie. Directed my Sundar.C and the story was by the genius Kamal himself. This movie wasnt a box office hit, but one movie which I always look up to. Just a recomendation for all the people who arent familiar with Tamil movies. Just watch it and if you dont understand, watch it with subtitles.

8 comments:

Insomniac said...

Hmm.. i dont think i will be able to see it..who knows..i just might :D
yup we all have those movies which we can just watch n number of times...!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know tamil :( If available with sub titles, I shall surely see it. Check out "Bicycle Thief" if you can...evergreen movie-Italian (available with sub titles).

Unknown said...

I love Kamal Hasan. Thiugh I have seen only hindi versions of his movies but I absolutely like his way. I still remember when my Mother had to hold me from rolling on the floor with laughter on seeing Pushpak. Absolutely fantastic. Then the movie slike Sadma, Sagar and later ones like Appu Raja and Chachi 420.

Though subtitles are fine, is a hindi dub of Anbe SIvam in place?

Ram said...

@shrutz - Do check it out, its good. And, will try and get my hand on bicucle thief.

@peeling - Anbe Sivam doesnt have a hindi version. It was not a hit, so they dint bother to dub it in hindi.

Fantasized emotions appearing real said...

awesome screenplay!! and yeah.. this is one of ma fav movies which will always stay close to my heart!

Ram said...

@ happy - True!!

Praveen Damodhar said...

True.. Wonderful movie ! No words to praise kamal...

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.