Monday, June 04, 2007

Beau Nuits!!

It was 11pm that night. I wanted to go to bed. I was desperate. But, I wasnt sleepy. My mom held my hand, tight, so I wouldnt run away! All, I wanted was to get a good night sleep. Then, mom`s face turned red and she yelled. She yelled at the hieght of her voice. I dint budge at all. Then, she pinched me under my arm! Ouch! That hurt! I had tears in my eyes. She came close to me and said "Finish this chapter and go to sleep!". I had to! And, thats the story of me getting the 23rd rank in the quaterly exams of 1993! And, I utterly burst out laughing when I think about these things that happened in my school days! Yeah, the good old days, when I had to fake studying to get crackers for Diwali, when I had to pursue my parents not to go for the parent-teacher meeting(Damn!! it never worked!!).

And, today, its 1 am, mom just woke up and remindes me that I had to sleep! I can call myself nocturnal. As, I have been for the past 8 months. But, it shouln`t be this way. What the hell?? I`ll be a normal S/W engineering guy, who works 14 hrs a day, partying in the night, after 2 months now! So, nowadays, Im kinda used to being bored, getting all the sleep I want. You know what I mean! This post couldn`t be getting more boring. Okay, chill out people! ciao.

P.S. : If you are wondering what the title meant, it means beautiful nights in french.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Nocturnal' is the word,from your blog,which amazed me the most.You will probably understand the reason when you see the time at which Ive posted this comment.But its basically because Im in the middle of my holidays and am desperately trying to book an appointment,for an interview, for my F1 visa.Anyway,which college did you do your engineering from?

Ram said...

Crescent Engineering college, chennai!

Reni said...

by the by,...since "nuits" is plural n a "female" wrd(everthing in french has a gender..even tables, chairs,etc....) , the adjective used 2 describe it shud also b in da plural n feminin form....n so instead o "beau" u shud use da wrd "belles"....n if u wanna perfect da phrase, add a "the" before it....
da grammatically correct title will b, "les belles nuits"....

Ram said...

Holy mother of god!
I hereby take an oath that I wouldn`t use french in my blog ever after!
I confess! I just wanted it to be attractive!

Anonymous said...

Tu ne parle pas francais!!
You got yourself into trouble by using french dude!! ;-)
Hard workers like you always make me feel even lazier!!!

Ram said...

Everyone speak french! damn!
Again! Im just a relaxed person!