Monday, June 25, 2007

Feeling Rather Empty!

I go way too deep into thought, with echoes - pink floyd, heard continuously in my head, I realise, I am still a homosapien and I do have a sensible clear mind. I made the choices, all the way from the 1st standard. I had designed my life into a non-charismatic boring marathon, in which I run till I find satisfaction. There was a problem. I found satisfaction way too soon. Iam pushing forward, but satisfaction creeps. There hasn`t been a day without me regretting taking up engineering as the tool to feed me in the future. But then, as arun says, "In life there should be no regrets!"! It was my choice of taking up engineering. No one forced me into it. But, I could not speak out. I did not know what was I interested in back then. I would`ve loved to take up law, or professional photography. I just did not speak out! I made the choice of listening to my parents, as always, believing that they would do it for my good.

Why are there so many engineers in our country? Is it something the country must be proud of or is it just wierd? Are there too many families which think, engineering is the only profession which can help them lead a normal life. Some other good but risky professions are there. There arises another sensible question! Are indians just satisfied with an average paying life style or are they just plainly dont want to take risks?

I always believe in a happy life. How much ever you earn, as long as you are happy, you are leading a beautiful life! I can say, the auto driver who took me from central station to home is leadin a good life. The guy sitting in the cash cabin of my college canteen is leading a good life. Is it really that way or is it just me?

I guess I am not a homosapien with a clear mind! But then who does?

17 comments:

BD said...

C'mon man, be proud to be an Engineer! After all, you have sustained 4 full years of incessant torture.

Why are there so many engineers in our country? Well, is that a potential problem?

I believe that there are somethings you do for others and somethings you do for yourself. You can still become a professional photographer!

Lastly, don't listen to heavy songs that speak about heavy stuff and all. Listen to meaningless ones like Crazy frog or lively ones like Maroon 5. That should do :P

Ram said...

@equilibrium - Proud to be an engineer alright!
So many engineers in our country, is not a potential problem. But, it does imply the similar life an average indian prefers!
Yes! I can still be a professional photographer. Thats something which came up when i was doing my engineering.
Hey! Come on! heavy stuff songs are good.

Layfield said...

Echoes is 20 min. Phew

Ya i guess it's strange that everyone becomes engineers. But you can always jump jobs. Lots of oppurtunities out there. I might jump someday as well. Engineering can get pretty boring and redundant.

Ram said...

@layfield - It is actually 23 mins. And, its pure psychedelic! Gets you real high!

Abd, about engineers true isnt it?

arun said...

well we indians are so good at playing safe. we dont risk pur life for anything. even wen there is an accident on road we try to move away from it not to help the person. and in that case wen u have the perception that doing an engineering will land u a good job in the software companies with a handy pay. u like to do something do it.

Anonymous said...

You studied your back side off for four long years...don't regret it dude, coz u definitely learnt SOMETHING. If I remember correctly, you did exceptionally well by your standards in your finals or something, right??
And I don't think there is any reason for you to "jump" jobs at all..you can do both.

Ram said...

@arun - pretty much what I try to say. Indians dont have the heart to take risks.

@shrutz - I know i shouldn`t regret it. But, it just strikes you once in a while that you are doing something, which initially you dint want to do.

Fantasized emotions appearing real said...

im sure ur gonna die an unsatisfied man.

Insomniac said...

Hey ram!!! my thoughts exactly!!! only consolation is that ive got a bunch of good friends!!!
too much regretting is done by me these days :(

Ram said...

@happy - You got it all wrong!

@kenneth - Dude! Yeah man! friends are always a bonus! But, no point regretting man!

**pixie prodigy** said...

great blog!:)..

Ram said...

@pixie - Thanks a ton... :-)

Pranay said...

You are right. Indians are on the whole wary of taking risks. They are content with a middle class life with a normal family. And yes even I really didnt know what I wanted at the age where I had to make a choice.Fault of the system? Don't know.

Insomniac said...

hey hows Shantaram dragging along???? guess i'll be reading it this holidays!!! and why the word verification???

Ram said...

@pranay - Yeah...


@kenneth - Its an awesome long book. Its a bit philosophical. And, you get to know a lot about mumbai. It keeps you reading. And, where did i use verification??

Insomniac said...

the word verification aint there now ...

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.