Thursday, June 14, 2007

Evolution


We evolved. From, the apes, to an upright human being. And, it doesn`t end there. We have been evolving, ever since, throughout our, decades, centuries and milleniums. And, to the extent of belief I have that, Im made up of, flesh and blood, I do believe that, I evolved too. Not by Darwin`s theory. In my own funny way. Actually, we all do evolve from the second we are born. From, a child which cried for no reason, I evolved to a random school going guy, who hated education; from a hopeless moron, who went for a movie, 2 days before the 12th maths exam, to a guy who is expecting the date of joining from the company which recruited him. Added, are the maturity, ability to actually think and a helluva lot of fat. Yeah, damn right! We all do evolve.

Life has been an awkward rollercoaster ride, without the saftey belt(s)! Really. Too many risks and too many perceptions. I realised, life was gonna be hard, when I did the watchman job for a very dear friend, when he did his romance. It was my 12th coaching class, and it was 5:30 in the morning. And, my teachers appreciated me, when I answered them perfectly in the class. Our, physics sir used to say stories in the middle of the class for relaxations. It was crap. We slept anyway! So, this was the part of the class, when we gave break to the sleeping.One day, he started....

Physics Sir : Krishna theva raja, asked thenali what was the most pleasureful thing in the world.
And, from back of the class, a voice came to life. Good guess! It was me.
I : To Pee!
Physics sir: yeah yeah!

Then he started teaching. No sign of me! Some of my friends, who slept even through the story telling sessions, asked me, howcome I was so brilliant to answer such questions. I just blushed and went back to sleep. School was fun; especially coz, I dint study.

But, college was different. College, was the only place, where I could not study and dont feel guilty about it. So, it all happened. I marched passed the enormously short semesters on a Clear-Flunk basis. Yeah. I clear one paper and flunk in other. But, apparently it did work out. Me, being someone, who believes, "whatever happens to you, is only because of you; doesn`t matter if its good or bad", will say that, I was responsible for what I am today. From the position in which I am now, I will not give you the wrong perception of me that, Im good and disciplined and that, Im someone who loves to study and excel in everything. Im the same old guys, who studies, exactly 2 days before the exam and scores a modest 60%, eventhough I dont have anymore exams to write.

I was the kind of guy, who prays exactly on the day of the exam, for which the preparation was minimum. And, I also have been the guy who cursed god for the bad results. And, when I realised, it was me, I stopped yelling at those immovable, colourful photographs of beautiful people with a helluva lot of jewellary. I can describe myself as a semi-aethists. Or, as my friend joobie puts it, I believe in god, but not in relegions. I believe in the big bang. But, I think a superior force made it happen. So, the semi-aethist title!

This has turned out to be a long long post. And, now, I`ve got to do the most pleasureful thing in the whole world.

8 comments:

BD said...

Hmmm! Watchman job? Nice nice.

Evolution!

Ram said...

No! It really is not nice!

arun said...

dei rascal.. from watchman to post man u have seen all man man.. not the rite way of evolving...

Ram said...

yeah... I've seen postman also... but it is evolution.

Anonymous said...

I think it would have done me good if I didnt know your evolution to a watchman. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Hehe...nice ending!!

Layfield said...

Haha, same clear flunk tradition here as well. I barely study anymore! :)

Ram said...

@anonymous - Somethings happen and you regret it later. That is one of those things.

@shrutz - And, do you know that, that was the real reply Thenali Rmaman gave?

@Jetru - Works pretty well eh?