Sunday, May 27, 2007

And, I said "make it 200!"

I can feel every muscle in my body ache after bowling a 3 over spell. It was a bet match. As i entered the scene, they said it was a 100Rs bet. And I said, "make it 200!". Well it was 100, and I dont know why i was so confident! We were the old schoolmates playing against the so called younger guys. We were once invinsible. Those were the times when i used to get down as no 3 and play a decent innings.And a decent innings is like, i hit around 20 runs. And yeah, im talking about tennis ball cricket. After about 2 years we guys played a match yesterday. The setting was good. Better ground.

We lost the toss and they elected to bat. We had 11 guys. But only 4 bowlers who can bowl decently. I joined in that list very recently. It was a 14 over match. A bowler can a bowl a max of 4 overs. They had good players. But it was the 5th over when i came to bowl, the 1st wicket fell. It was stupid match. We chased badly and lost by 30 runs.
But, all in the game. Had a good time though. Except, I growl everytime, I sit down or get up!

2 comments:

Reni said...

hhmmmm,shudn't hve been too confident...i guess u had fun though...or else "arun" wudn't ve been reeeaaallllyyy eager 2 ve it published....

Ram said...

yeah... we did have a good time playing after a long time.