Sunday, February 11, 2007

Result Mania!!

Okay!! This is one of the 2 times of the year that Iam totally out of my conscience!
It is the time when the result are expected anytime. I`ll just give a briefing abt how the results have treated me every year.

The mania/phobia started back in 2001 during my 10th results. I was one among the 7 ppl in the school who dint pass with a distinction.I got a 79%!! I got screwed royally for that. Then it was 2003, during my 12th results. No one expected much out of me, as most of them knew i wasnt going to get much marks. An dad, he jus prayed that i should pass! Then i got 82%. That dint seem much to me. But one of the 1st time, dad congradulated me! I cud find no reason for him to congradulate me, but later i realised, he expected a mere pass from me.

Here comes the college result phobia history!

January 2004 : It was a friday afternoon. Bunked college and had come home! This guy called p2v called me. He said results were out. He usually was the last man i could trust. I dint believe it, but then realised it was true. He saw my results and he did say that i cleared all the papers and i owed him a treat. I got 75% in the 1st semester. After that, there was no turning back.

August 2004 : It was a saturday evening, me, anush(a pal from my bus), kk(karthik) and vimal(one of my seniors) had gone to the besant nagar beach, just to have fun. And we did have fun! and on my way back, i got the news that results were out. I had got an instant shaker running in my stomache, and the process continues ever after. I stopped half way, caught up with a friend, and saw the results in a stupid browsing center. I had flunked in 1 paper. It was maths II!! It looked as if i had lost a lot in my life. I cried for hours and apologised a million times to my parents, who were in the us!! Then i dont know how, i moved on.

February 2005 : The months of, aug,sept,oct and nov of 2004, i was all by myself and you could imagine how i wudve prepared! I wrote the exams with a wierd gut. But the result was obvious. I had cleared the old maths II paper and now there was the maths III paper!! I dint expect to flunk in that stupid paper, though i expected to flunk in some other paper. But this was shitty.My parents were here when the result came and got royally screwed in the arse! Big time!! Again, I still do not understand, how i got over it.

July 2005 : This time, i was nurtured under the watchful eyes of my PARENTS! I did study before the exams, and i cleared all the papers except the good ole maths III. But dint get screwed big time. This was because, i had already told my folks that i wud flunk in that subject. I dint have to get over anything! Just went on!

February 2006 : A few days after kirthi left chennai. The squarebrothers.com had posted that the results will be published that night 7pm. It was extended to 9pm. Finally it was released near midnight. I was shocked! I was fairly confident that i will clear the maths III. But they had put a horrifying 8 out 80! I was totally pissed. But again, got royally screwed. Worst days of my life. But i got over it when i concentrated on something else. But i was too damned pissed and my placement depended on it!Everyone at home were upset. I did not know what i would do with my future, nor did my dad. The most horrifying 5 months, untill...

5th,August 2006 : The results of my 6th semester was released, when i was taking arun and jai for a treat.Ironically it was the next day of my placement. It was a heavenly feeling. It was after 2 years that i saw a result which had an all pass sheet for me. I was thrilled, overwhelmed by the sudden success. I sometimes acted too smart and sometimes too dumb. And wrote the 7th semester exams.

I rally cant explain how i wrote it. I cant say i did it bad, but nor can i say im 100% confident. But i wish, or hope, i clear all the papers. The shaker has already started running in my stomache.

No comments: