Friday, February 02, 2007

Its been quite a while since i`ve posted. Well, i actually was kind of busy. The day after the party, i slept all day.The next day that is on wednesday, we left for this place called pennadam, for a marriage. It was my cousin`s marriage. I really dont know her much, but had to go, coz I was the spare driver. It was my uncle who drove most of the time. Damn he was fast!! You shud see the look on dad`s face! And the better side is, I touched a 120 and dad dint say a word.

And about the party, monday night, it was fun. A whole lot of people were there. Had a nice swim, had pretty okay food and listened to music. And we talked, talked, talked and talked! Even after going to bed, me and suresh were blabbering for half an hour. Got up the next morning, had a great swim, tanned ourselves in the morning sun and listened to Rahman for 2 hours! Then we left, came back home and slept for the whole day.

Then about the trip to pennadam. I stayed in a house, typically of the village type. It was beautiful. And then the marriage. I really felt a pity for them, the couple. They dint even talk to each other. The girl(my cousin), looked like she seriously needed a shoulder to lie down and cry on. Poor female! And no one recognised me! Absolutely no one! I was like the dude of the village!

Then we went to this place called, vadalur. There was some carnival and it was the anniversary of a guy called Ramalinga Adigalar. I usually am not fascinated by going to temples on speacial days and worshipping them. But this guy, he has done nothing, except writing poems and doing yoga. This man lived 200 years ago and he is said to have vanished in thin air. And for this man, and on his death anniversary, there are literally lakhs of people coming to give their respect to him. What we apparently see is a burning camphor through a translucent glass. And believe me, there were atleat 1 lakh people witnessing it. I was really fascinated. I wish I cud go next year.

Today, we happened to go to a symposium at anna university. Its called abacus 2007. I laid my feet on all the competitions, but i did wat i do best! I put mockai! If you dont know what that means, its just pathetic jokes(pjs). Me and ma buddy, suresh showed our skills all over the prelims question paper and we were the 1st among the finalists! For an example, our team name was "Masala Dahi Aloo Sev Pani Puri"!! They had to announce it on stage! We have our finals tomoro, LOL! Its gonna be fun!

No comments: