Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Loud silence

Sitting in the last seat of a bus, on the way to bangalore. I am writing this with good new rahman music blarring in my head, on my mobile. The way technology has invaded our life will be saved for another post. This will be another attempt to show off my philosophical abilities.

We recently made a spontaneous trip to a place called kemmangundi. Its a good 300 kms from bangalore. The plan was to find a place for lunch. And we ended up driving all the way there. The way spontaniety turns me on. Nothing can ever give me that adrenaline rush. Me being a teeny weeny bit frustrated with work, i would be ecstatic if i could get out of there. I want to feel that confidence. Of course i can survive! But the aim is not survival. Thrive!

My inability to stay focussed on one thing continues to drag me down from every attemp i make to do something for the betterment of future! i'm 23. I keep it a habit of declaring my age now and then helping me remind myself that 'now' is the time to do things to do things.

The way my posts have gone down; its not that i'm busy, its just that things stopped happening. I did not have anything to say or talk about. This piece of space has seen my good and bad times. I've been in love, i've had/have friends who even understand the words my eyes talk, i've worked my ass off to the extent that my roommates doubted my existence, i have been forced to quit - not literally. What more can possibly be there in the bag? Has my life just turned into the back wheel of a cycle on stand? Going in cirles. Why has it become totally un-interesting? Dont I have to do something about it? Would i be able to do what I wanna do? Hmmmm... im sure, i'll have more questions 2 years from now and no answers!

Cheers!

P.s. Irrelevant topic

10 comments:

Peenuts said...

The life of a software engineer or shud i say software coolie..u were aptly put it - its indeed the backwheel of a cycle, running arnd in circles.

the_ego_has_landed said...

"But the aim is not survival. Thrive!"

So true...

well i was off frm my blog too for similar reasons.

I dont think anyone's job is great, and i think we make that effort to make our job, life meaningful. I was reading yesterday that alot of ppl feel this and the only way to get out of the mundane life is to do the things u really like.. maybe traveling etc.. :)

manoranjini said...

Hey Ram , thnx for showing up dude!Was the music from 'Vinnai thaandi varuvaaya'??Lovely ain't it ?

Reading your post confused me into thinking, I was hearing aloud the voices within my head, for a while.Same is the reason why I touch my blog so seldom.

Ram said...

@Peenuts - Software coolie, well put

@ego - Travelling... hmmm yeah. But the time?

@Lakshmi - Yeah vinnai thandi varuvaaya! Awesome! especially the aaromale track - pink floyd inspiration.

Advitiya said...

The last two paras sound like my last year. I quit my last job and parked my ass at home for 2 months. It helps. Try it if you can. Takes courage though.

I'm gonna be 25 in 6 months and I'm already freaking out.

In the words of Baz Luhrmann Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your
life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.


Chill. Its just life :)

manoranjini said...

Yes,its very PF!I loved Aaromale too.In fact,I loved it soo much,my latest blog post is inspired by it.ARR redefines awesomeness once again!!

Reni said...

mayb da salsa classes will make things more "interesting" ;-)...

BD said...

You would not want to hear me rant! I would say silent noise.

Rach said...

One of the reasons am off my blog too! Am 24! but still stuck in this phase, where the questions seem to multiply, and the answers are all evasive!

Doing good work brings temporary pleasure, being with friends and having a great time makes me happy too... but it's all temporary... nothing that suffices all my doubts and queries...

They say, time gives us all the answers... let us pray and hope... and just hang in there... :) :) :)

And this goes for Ego too...

All the best, and God Bless :)

manoranjini said...

Ram,

Please show up here and say something for old times' sake . 😊