Sunday, November 25, 2007

Irony of Life

Six months back,
When the head feels heavy, the vision is blurred, the sun is peeping through the window, I slowly opened my eyes. Searched for the mobile which was somewhere near. Checked the time. It was late. But I dint care, I wanted to sleep more. So I did sleep more. The i wake up half an hour after that. It was a monday morning. I had to go to college. I opened my wardrobe. My clothes were neatly pressed and arranged. I took out the worst of the shirts and wore it. I dint care how i looked. I looked at the watch. It was 8:30. I had to be at college by 9. I dint care about that. I wanted to be a bit economic and wanted to catch the bus. But its too late. I took the bike and left to college!

Now,
When the head feels heavy, the vision is blurred, the sun is peeping through the window, the thought struck me, that I was late I had to leave for office. It was a monday morning. You know the usual monday syndrome. I opened my closet to check if i had any clothes at all. Then I looked at the laundry basket. It was overflowing. Then I again looked into my wardrobe. I picked up a wrinkled shirt. Smelt it to check if it was washed. Felt a relief when it smelt good. Then I spent 5 minutes asking my room-mate to iron it for me. He refuses! Then i do one of the most painful job of the universe. I pressed the shirt. I then listen to the curses of the fellow being that i was the reason for all of the guys being late. We left! To the office, to work,to earn!

6 comments:

Advitiya said...

Aah... how I know the feeling...

BD said...

"We left! To the office, to work,to earn!"

This sounds very depressing!

Ram said...

@Adi - It is pretty common i guess...

@equi - It actually isnt that depressing as it sounds.

Reni said...

hhhmmmm.....n i'm dying 2 start workin....

Peenuts said...

n believe me..thats just one of the many ironies u r gonna come across ;)

Ram said...

@peenuts - YES! I do believe you. I can see every irony coming.