Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ana!


Having learnt the sport for just more than 4 years, 1 thing that always strikes to me is, its beauty and the way in which you never give up. Im talking about tennis. A fabulous sport. The opponent, drops one near the net, and you run with your full heart to play the shot. And, this is the only game of my knowledge in which you can never give up! In cricket, 7 runs remaining of 1 ball - not possible, in football, 4 goals in 1 minute - not possible, same goes for hockey and basketball. This is the only game in which, even if your opponent has 3 match points, you can fight back and with considerable talent, actually win the game. Thats the beauty of the game.

I`ve been watching the french open. Yeah, I respect Justine Henin. She plays with class. But, this beauty, Ana Ivanovic, Has stolem my heart. Seriously! She looks good and plays pretty good. She`s a girl from Serbia and I was astonished by a piece of info i got from the match commentary. She used to practise, in an empty swimming pool, with a carpet on the floor. Geez!! Thats hard work. I now feel emotionless for all the back-breaking sessions my coach gave me during those coaching days! And, most of all, she look good! She talks good english! I watched the match in which she came down hopelessly, despite of me yelling, "c`mon fight!fight!" at the television. Its hard to look at beautiful tennis playing women losing. But, she was nervous, maybe a justification. But, she deserves it.

1 comment:

Reni said...

yea, i kno the feelin....i feel the same wen i play badminton...