Friday, March 30, 2007

Skating on the Soap!

You all know the story of Ram being vetti(jobless) all day. But does any of you know the story of Ram sitting and watching television all day? I agree. There isnt a considerable difference. But, I got more options in Tv now, than before. Yeah, it took me a record 6 months to persuade my parents to get a STB(set top box). Thats cable for the paid channels. I got it for the world cup. But by the time it was installed, India was out of the world cup. But, nevertheless, its been a great time pass.I get all the channels now, and I watch everything. Im so glued now, that my parents repaired the old portable television to watch the daily soaps. And believe me, there are quite a lot of them.

Before getting the Stb, I did a small thing by asking my parents to "sacrifice" the soaps for one night, coz I was watching a movie. Mom, after a considerable struggle gave up. Dad, was desperate. He was so desperate to have the remote and watch the soap. That was a little too much for missing a soap for a day. Its getting into the head of the people who stay at home. They get addicted to it. And I hate it when mom justifies it by saying "its just for entertainment". My god! Dad was fighting for the remote to me for "entertainment". And it was just one day! Ive never disturbed them when they watch that shit. And mom watches soaps in which she doesnt even know the name of the characters. And, believe me they are not even near good. I`ve went through some tooth-biting watching sessions. Its totally out-of-the-mind stuff. Its totally stupid. But yet they watch it like they got nothing else to do! This should end at some point of time. I sure do wish it does.

No comments: