Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hail Bharathi!!

I have this tendancy of digging up old songs and listenin to them. Sutrum vizhi was one of them. I have been going around asking people if they knew the song. I was shocked!! Every single person said the song was, strum vizhi chudare from ghajini!!
omg!! This is a Bharathiyar song and with Rahman`s music. I used to love it, when it was out. Then forgot about the song. Always happens! Then, i found this song, ironically on Bharathiyar`s birthday. It was awesome. I din feel the lyrics before. But it made an impact on me this time. Ive been constantly humming this song. I listen to it atleast 20 times a day, and i (hopelessly) sing along every single time!

Since then, Ive been looking for Bharathi`s songs and listening to them. Wow, the man did do a great job. It is the beauty he incurs in every word of his poems. Ive become his fan and believe me, Jus read his song and you`ll feel it.

No comments: