Saturday, November 11, 2006

Share(auto) Burden!!


Jus a small incident; me and a friend of mine were goin somewhere by bike. My friend was driving, not rash,not too fast, but pretty decently.We were goin on the Arcot road, the infamous but extremely over populated road. There are services of share autos which carry passengers from porur to vadapalani. Its pretty cheap and lot of people prefer it. So when my friend was driving, a share auto jus took a cut and ive never seen so violent a driving before.I cursed the driver.There were atleast 10 people in the auto and with them, he was driving like that.He never bothered, he din care if he had put a scratch on a merc.He was fast, or atleast trying to be.I said loudly so that he could hear, "எப்படி போரான் பார்".He turned back, managed a stare, by that time he was about to damage another car. I was pissed at him and we moved on.

A few days later, I was coming back from college, and all the buses were crowded, too lazy to stand or to hang on the footboard of the bus, i decided to get into a share auto.I was the 1st to get in, so got a place in the cushion seat.Then in a matter of time, the auto was filled. Then he started.I dint bother to see how he was driving.I sat, looking at things on the way.I dint care if he was goin slow or fast.He was goin slow, but i had all the time of my life. Then as i stared out, i thought.Two days back, one of these drivers earned a curse from me and now im thankful to him, coz i could reach home a bit more comfortable and earlier than a bus. But then i realised. Not me, We, all of us have a mentality that we dont have to bother about a social disruption unless we are directly associated with it. Can anyone say they dont curse the share auto guys on road when you drive?? And the same time, you dont bother about other cars, who are affected, especially when you are travelling in it.

This is just an example.Most of us dont bother about what we do, when we are directly involved in the crisis and we do the mistake what others do.And we have the tendacy to curse people who commit the same mistake which we may do if we were in the same situation.People dont want their policemen to get bribes.But the ones who think that way, tend to give away a certain amount of money when they are in trouble.It works the same way everywhere, especially where we think there are serious crime going on.It is funny when I realise, ive been cursing the govt while the mistake actually starts from me.I will surely try to ignore those mistakes, for example, if im caught by a traffic police, here after i will volunteer to pay the fine in the court with a proper reciept.And I will not get into a share auto if it has more people than it is allowed to have!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad Ramp!!! u too are serious in life..only sometimes..wat u said is true da,it is kinda inspiring,but not many understand,..u started off like a story,..i m half asleep reading this itself :-)i ll read the remaining later..

Anonymous said...

hmm.. never thought you had a side of you that cud think this way! Way to go! Follow up pannuviya?

Ram said...

yeah no one knows :)
I will try my best to follow.. who is this btw??

arun said...

well i am tere wit u in tis... lets start it from us and then lets point others...

kiran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.